Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Mystery of the Leaky Landy

Ok, Lynne took the green Freelander to work yesterday (I was having the black one valeted for the wedding), this morning she mentions that a puddle had appeared on the drivers footwell!  Just what I needed, another leak...

All possibilities went through my mind, leaking windscreen (it had rained quite hard the night before), leaking vent, heater matrix, air con condenser gone - I know all Landys are supposed to leak but the green one had always been a good girl and is my little baby...

So driving in this morning I kept an eye on the rubber mat in the footwell, watching the puddle slowly dry up - no  more water appeared so that ruled out the coolant or air con...  driving home this evening, the problem was still on my mind, then I noticed a splash on the windscreen (on the inside) and I had an epiphany; I looked in the cubby box on the dash, and there was the culprit - and exploded can of coke - all issues resolved!

Now all I have to do is get the coke out of my leather driving gloves...

No comments:

Post a Comment